Things have been quiet around here...well, as quiet as possible with two year old twins. We're all recovered from our illnesses and still wading through the sea of toys that floods each and every room of our house. We're hoping to get a handle on that this next week...again, I say "hoping."
We went to Disneyland last week. Uncle Matt joined us for the day and the girls were thrilled with that...if you could have seen their faces in the car when they woke up at Disneyland...WITH Uncle Matt in the back seat of the car! We had a later start than we're used to and didn't get into the park until 3:00...and it was a tad busier than we're used to...but we stayed until closing (8:00) and managed to pretty much ride everything we usually do. We didn't have time to go to California Adventure, so we missed the Pixar Parade which the girls LOVE, but figured with our limited time, we'd do Disneyland...and do it completely instead of bopping back and forth between parks. We are thinking about going again next Wednesday...it should be empty. Then again, we're also considering a day or two in Santa Barbara with the zoo, the beach, State Street, the Mission...hhhmmmm...decisions, decisions!
I'm enjoying my last week or so of vacation and then it's back to work. Really, this Wednesday through Friday gig isn't so bad. The team leader duties are what kick me in the rear...I may be 50% but that part of the job is still 100% which is why I end up taking so much stuff home. I'm still waiting to see what I'll be doing next year...first things first...thanking God for having a secure job. It looks as though our district is going to be hit hard, as are so many school districts. I am just trying to work out whether I'll be 80% or 60%, so 4 or 3 days a week. That's the beauty of a job-share position...it has to work for all involved parties. I don't really want to be 80%, but I suppose the extra money won't hurt and it'll make my team leader duties a whole lot easier to manage.
Robert is going to a new shift soon that will be SOOOOOOOOOOO much better for all of us, so we are excited for that.
Not much else to report...things are just, well, status quo. I'm trying to figure out a way to add more photos. I'm thinking I may just give out the password to my Photobucket account and share photos that way since Blogger doesn't have an album option and honestly, uploading/posting them one at a time on here kinda' makes me crazy (I tried it and hated it), which is why I did the Slideshow via slide.com. I'm also working on photo montages right now...updating our March of Dimes montage for 2009 and then putting together a montage of the girls for year one and then years two and three on One True Media. What's nice about that is when finished, I can purchase DVDs of the montages and have them for the girls when they are older.
Oh, I changed the playlist around a bit...added some new songs, removed a few...this is more representative of where "I" am at right now...kinda' all over the place in terms of songs, artists, genres...but hey...like I said...it's where "I" am...:)
Making Bets
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment