March 2008
- Robert would promote to Lieutenant, but at a station far from home.
- A dear friend would give birth to two precious baby boys at only 23 weeks gestation...and have to say good-bye to them all too quickly.
April 2008
- Juliana and Mia would both become very sick...Mia spending a week in the PICU for respiratory distress and pneumonia.
- Juliana and Mia would be baptized...finally!
May 2008
- We would raise $2000 for the March of Dimes, March for Babies as a family and nearly $6000 as the Mikels-Lewis team!
June 2008
- The girls would visit the beach for the first time and fall in love with it!
July 2008
- I would turn 34...yikes, just one year away from AMA!
August 2008
- I would go back to teaching Kindergarten...my first love.
- The girls would turn TWO! And Juliana would still be rear-facing at a whopping 19.5 pounds.
September 2008
- Robert would turn 43...ouch. He, he, he...
October 2008
- Robert would transfer to a station close to home.
- The two year insurance battle over the girls would come to a close.
- We would visit our RE and "talk" about TTC again...someday...maybe...no time soon...calm down people.
December 2008
- Robert and I would see Christmas through our children's eyes...and how amazing it was.
So we move on...on to 2009. While we were making dinner tonight, I made a rhetorical statement, really just thinking out loud, "I wonder what 2009 will bring for the Lewis family." I won't repeat what Robert said because it will get all of you riled up. I sit here and really, don't know. There's an air of excitement, of anticipation, and of well, yikes! I just know that a year can bring a lot--after all, it is a long time...12 months to be exact. I will turn 35...the girls will turn 3 and start preschool! We will say good-bye to diapers and hello to big girl panties. They will really be "big" girls this year.
I do know that whatever 2009 brings, you all will be there with us and us for you...He will be there in every moment, in every breath. We will grow in ways we never thought possible.
May your 2009 be filled with the blessings of happiness, hope, peace, and love. Happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment