21wk2d today...and for the moment (notice, I said MOMENT), 24 weeks seems attainable and not too far off, especially when you consider its 20 days away. But trust me, in most other moments, I feel like I'll be holding my breath for the next 3 weeks (well, next 6 weeks). I had an appointment with my peri yesterday and I was really worried about my cervix and how it had "responded" to the last three weeks of uterine "activity."
There was the irritability caused by a bladder infection...which I found out about after getting food poisoning/the stomach flu and becoming dehydrated...which led to more irritability and contractions...which really have been more frequent overall despite having recovered from both. I still have noticeably good days and bad days.
A bad day is pretty much filled with crampiness and random contractions, but nothing that sends up a red flag and warrants a phone call. Still, I'm always close to making the call...with the number punched in, ready to hit 'call'.
But my good days are great and I can be up and about and really acting normal. I just have to listen to my body and when the cramps start, I need to drink water and lay down for a while. Thankfully, it usually does the trick and calms everything down.
The appointment went well. The baby is looking great and even cooperated for a moment giving us a couple 3D images...though they are very difficult to make out. This little one just doesn't like his/her picture taken and has hands in front of face all the time. The baby is breech, but I think s/he was head down the other day and low because I looked like I was only 10 weeks pregnant! My cervix is still behaving (shockingly). The measurement was down a bit from last time...3.5cm. Actually, he got 3.4 and 3.5, so we are going with the longer measurement, but in all honesty...I didn't want to see it below 3.5cm and that fact his first measurement was shorter, made me a little disappointed. It's right there and is still looking "like a normal cervix." But I just don't buy it.
Not. One. Bit.
With the girls, my cervix was all over the map:
11wk3d - 1.9cm, 1cm dilated
15wk5d - 2.5cm
18wk5d - 1.8cm
22wk5d - 2.7cm
24wk5d - 1.8cm: 2mm and funneled to stitch, 1.6cm below stitch
26wk5d - funneled to stitch, nothing below stitch either
27wk2d - dilated to 2cm (with the stitch in) when the decision was made to deliver the girls
So far with this pregnancy, we've been:
11wk5d - 3.0cm? (don't really know b/c it was done on an ancient ultrasound machine)
16wk2d - 3.7cm
18wk1d - 3.8cm
21wk1d - 3.5cm
23wk1d - ????
So I guess we will see. It's mostly a mental game at this point. To think that 3 weeks from now I would receive steroid shots to help mature the girls' lungs and brains. AND that 6 weeks from now I would deliver them 3 months early. If I can get past these hurdles, I feel like anything will be a success. We've joked about it before, but I would really just prefer to be hung upside-down in a hospital room for the next 6 weeks with constant monitoring so I know what is going on at all times.
You know the Green Day song, "Wake Me When September Ends"?
Well, wake me folks when 2010 ends. At that point I'll be pushing 26 weeks. In fact, while we're at it, wake me when it's Valentine's Day. By then I'll be 32+ weeks (I know, keep dreaming girlfriend).
I will be having checks every 2 weeks for the next couple months, mostly because I am worry-wart and don't trust my cervix as far as I can throw it. My peri just laughed because he thinks it's doing great. At least he is humoring me. So on the 16th I have TWO appointments...OB in the morning and peri in the afternoon.
Again, wake me when 2010 ends...
1 comment:
Hoping you're okay! I keep checking for updates because you're in that critical stage! Update when you can please! Praying for a take-home FAT baby! :)
Post a Comment