Friday, October 22, 2010

15 + 2

Just thought I'd pop in for a quick update on today's appointment with my OB...

Our Littlest Lewis is doing just fine...heart beating beautifully (no ultrasound, sad face here), another fundal  height check with me not asking for the numbers (happy face here...kinda...I think I need to start asking because I'm curious!), and blood pressure good.

As expected, I am up a couple pounds to 146...gulp. Let's hope we hover here for a couple weeks before making another jump.

They did a swab for infection, which came up clear, and tested my urine as well. That ended up showing traces of blood in the sample...but no signs of infection. They are sending the urine sample to be cultured and will let me know the results next week. Of course, I'm wondering what it could be and maybe have even conjured up some sort of throbbing on/off pain right around my c-section scar and a little more uterine irritability than I like (not that I actually like it). Praying that it's all nothing...

Dr. P bumped my appointment intervals to every 3 weeks, which I am surprisingly okay with...mostly because I know I see Dr. I next week and then two weeks after that! So I scheduled my next appointment with Dr. P for the day after the big ultrasound and now I'm thinking I may move it to the following week.

I have my scrip for the 17p shots and will start those in one week! Those shots better be the ticket to taming my uterus!

No comments: