Thursday, August 27, 2009

Happy 3rd Birthday J & M!

I really cannot quite fathom that it has been three years since the whirl-wind of events that would eventually lead to Juliana and Mia being born, late one Sunday night in August of 2006, at just 27 weeks, 2 days gestation. I can still hear their little kitten cries as they entered this world...just 2 lbs. and change...barely longer than their Daddy's hand.

For years, THIS was the birthday we looked to...the birthday where they would hopefully be fully caught up to their actual age. We hoped, we prayed, and these amazing little girls overcame. Today they are beautiful, thriving, living miracles. I will forever stand in awe of their strength and their spirit--how they could go from this...




...to this.



Sure, I hoped...but I never knew for sure how things would turn out. Juliana and Mia are and always will be the answer to a prayer we prayed many a night and many a long drive. I thank God each and every day for the gift of them, knowing full well that there are far too many people out who are still waiting for the answer to their unending prayer.

My sweet little angels...Mommy and Daddy love you more than words could ever say, more than we could ever show, more than you could ever know. Happy birthday my Mimi Bear and Juji Bear!








2 comments:

Lost in Space said...

Awww, happy birthday to your sweet, beautiful girls. How amazing to see their beginning to now!

four4me4now said...

I remember Rob calling and talking to him about your sweet girls when you had them like it was yesterday. I told you time FLIES!!! I can't believe your little miracles are 3 already. So funny that you call them J&M because my two are constantly referred to as T&G :-) Just wait til they start Kindergarten... :-( it will be here before you know it. Your girls are true miracles!